Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Manage a small team in a busy Workshop dealing with pre-assembly of a variety of high quality garage equipment including Vehicle Lifts, Tyre Equipment and Cabinets.
- Assemble new garage equipment ready for dispatch and installation.
- Inspect and refurbish used equipment for reinstallation or resale, working closely with the sales team.
- Load and unload company and other vehicles.
- Take delivery of goods and supplies, unpack parts and devices ready for build, ensure required stock remains accessible.
- Package equipment ready for transportation.
- Manage the Workshop environment, ensuring all areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Undertake routine maintenance and servicing of workshop and warehouse equipment.
- Manage the workload of the team, enforcing safe systems of work, and ensuring that work is completed to agreed quality standards.
- Monitor and improve the team’s performance.
- Manage the team rota and overtime.
- Occasional travel to sites in the UK to assist Installation teams.
- Provide appropriate reports to the management team.
MUST HAVE Skills & Experience
- 5+ years mechanical or engineering experience.
- Experience supervising or managing people.
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Certificate.
- Scissor Lift Certificate.
- Manual handling and physical fitness are essential as you will be required to assist handling large or bulky items.
- Full UK Driving License including B&E Trailer.
- Computer Literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
NICE TO HAVE Skills & Experience
- CSCS Card.
- Electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic experience.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Fire Warden Training.
- Reach Truck Fork Lift Certificate.
- Telehandler Fork Lift Certificate.
- A great work ethic.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and determined to see tasks through to completion.
- Flexibility to work extended hours, sometimes at short notice.