Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
Who We Are
JDGE is a premium garage equipment design and installation company based in Yorkshire. We combine product expertise with a dynamic approach to ensure that workshop facilities reflect the impeccable standards of the vehicles our clients maintain.
We are the largest independent garage equipment company in the UK. We work with ambitious leaders in the automotive industry eager to create premium workshop facilities. Each year, we serve a diverse range of clients – from AM100 Top Ten dealer groups to independent garages all searching for a different and innovative approach to workshop design.
The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 40 years’ experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
About the Role
Due to continued growth we require a Trainee CAD Designer to join our office-based Design Team.
The main responsibilities are to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings which are used for the design and installation of Motor Dealer Workshops. This is achieved using AutoCAD to create technical drawings and design plans.
You should have:
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software applications.
- Proficiency with standard proprietary PC software such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A basic grasp of engineering drawing and principles.
- Good communication, numeracy and IT skills.
- Strong problem solving and a desire to come up with practical solutions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good colour vision, and the ability to visualise designs in 3D.
An interest in all things car-related will help you to be passionate about your work.