Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Who We Are
JDGE is a premium garage equipment design and installation company based in Yorkshire. We combine product expertise with a dynamic approach to ensure that workshop facilities reflect the impeccable standards of the vehicles our clients maintain.
We are the largest independent garage equipment company in the UK. We work with ambitious leaders in the automotive industry eager to create premium workshop facilities. Each year, we serve a diverse range of clients – from AM100 Top Ten dealer groups to independent garages all searching for a different and innovative approach to workshop design.
The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 40 years’ experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
About the Role
The role would suit an experienced Building Estimator; or a Construction Quantity Surveyor looking for a change in career direction; or an individual who has similar experience in large engineering projects.
The main responsibilities are to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic quotation for the supply of labour, materials and services for the Design and Installation of Motor Dealer Workshops.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a positive outlook and the ability to deal with a fast-changing work environment; and to react rationally and calmly under pressure.
- Liaise with internal Sales and Design teams; and external subcontractors, suppliers and other specialists, in order to quantify and quote labour, materials and services.
- Prepare accurate estimates, quotations and tenders in demanding timescales.
- Price from 2D / 3D drawings, architectural specifications and bills of materials in order to produce market competitive quotations.
- Obtain specialist costs from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with new and existing clients, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills. When necessary, deliver engaging, informative and well-organised presentations.
- Assess any changes to design to determine the impact on cost.
- Update Sales quotation/estimating library to reflect up to date pricing and costs.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering.
- Experience of managing elements of construction or engineering projects.
- Experience or a keen interest in the Civil Engineering / Groundworks / Building sector.
- Knowledge of various contract terms and conditions.
- Solid skills in Maths and English.